MNHC Homeless Services
We are not treated like a number. We are spoken by our names at the center.
Los felicito por su programa y trabajo. Dios los cuide para que sigan ayudando.
Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your crew. Thank you for caring. Thank you for believing in me.
MNHC provides Homeless Care from its flagship primary care site at 240 Shotwell Street, from the Excelsior Clinic at 4434 Mission Street and from a unique, dedicated to homeless care comprehensive service center, the Mission Neighborhood Resource Center (MNRC) at 165 Capp Street.
Started by Mission Neighborhood Health Center in 2001, MNRC is a safe and clean space for the homeless communities of the Mission. MNRC advocates for housing and shelter and enhances the physical, social, emotional, and economic health of homeless residents of the neighborhood. MNRC offers services that are bilingual, free of charge, and available on a drop-in basis.
- MNRC embraces the following core values in our work:
- Commitment to treat everyone with dignity and respect
- Harm reduction philosophy and practice
- Prioritizing community members' needs
- Multicultural and bilingual services
- Fostering safety for everyone
- Promotion of community building, participation and organizing
- Shelter reservations
- Peer counseling
- Free phones
- Clothing referrals
- Case management
- Support groups
- Dental services
- HIV test & counseling Psychiatric services
- Abscess care
- Tuberculosis testing
- STD testing
- Coughs & colds
- Skin care
- Cultural events
- Art and expression
- Social activities
- Ladies' Night
- Community involvement
- Leadership development
- Community organizing
- Benefits Coordination
For more information regarding MNRC programs, please call (415) 869-7977.